sábado, 4 de enero de 2020

New tiles

Hi everyone!

    I am still creating adventures for mi expansion pack Glistening Forge but today I wanted to share with you some new tiles I have recently created.

    In order to create new tokens for mi expansion set, I have been trying new things and at the end I have created three new tiles showing stairs and one more showing a malefic altar.





    As you may have noticed, the first tile shows a number 23, as well as my previous Dwarven Tomb tile. The dwarven tomb tile did never feel completed as the original image for the tomb was in reality a door and you can see certain shadows in the door that don't fit with the rest of the tile. I have just decided to reuse that number.

    I have designed these new tiles in order to reach certain targets:
  • Tile #23: to create a big stair which allows the generation of new adventures in which the Heroes must go up or down the stairs reaching new stories of a building. We can now treat the rest of tiles around this one as the rooms in the same story.
  • Tile #25: to create a tile which allows up to 12 exit doors to different places. As the four stairs end in the corners of this tile, you can put one door in each wall of the corners and one more in between the stairs.
  • Tile #26: to create a tile with only one room with a central stair or elevation. I hadn't previously realized that this one is the first thematic tile in all the game that resembles a malefic altar. I have tried to play a little bit with light and colours on the walls to push that feel of evilness.
  • Tile #27: to create a tile with a double stair which divides the tile in two highs. This tile serves as an entrance hall to the final boss room.
    In these new tiles there are no skeletons nor humidity nor rusty weapons to generate more variety in the tiles to avoid making all of them resemble a dungeon.

    What do you think about them?

Thanks for reading my blog once again.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario